Dates for the 2020 Joyful Summer Retreat with Demo Rinpoche have been adjusted due to the current pandemic conditions.
During the 2020 Joyful Summer Retreat, Demo Rinpoche will base his teachings on Mind Training like the Rays of the Sun by Je Tsongkhapa’s close disciple Namka Palzang. This text combines the advice of Geshe Chekawa’s Seven Point Mind Training with the points of the Lam Rim (Stages of the Path to Enlightenment).
With a focus on how to awaken the altruistic mind of enlightenment, these teachings also include guidance on how to positively transform adversity into our path, and offers methods to reveal and develop a clear understanding of the true nature of reality.
This retreat is open to all levels of interest and experience.
General Retreat Schedule:
Friday – Sunday, July 17 – 19 and Friday – Sunday, August 14 – 16
- White Tara guided healing meditation sessions every morning
- Morning and afternoon teaching sessions by Demo Rinpoche
- Evening discussion sessions on Fridays and Saturdays
- Sunday, August 16 – Retreat Registrants Talent Show – 5:00 – 6:30pm
- Demo Rinpoche’s teachings will be based on Namkapel’s text, Mind Training Like the Rays of the Sun
- Online participation via Zoom Registration Link
- Daily White Tara guided healing meditation sessions
- Two daily teachings sessions by Demo Rinpoche
- Group discussions on the retreat teachings, facilitated by senior students
- NEW: Retreat Registrants Talent Show August 16
- Registrants have access to the session recordings via a personal Jewel Heart Login account. Please allow a day or two for the recordings to be posted.
Fee: $400 / Give What You Can