Welcome to the Jewel Heart Ann Arbor chapter webpage! Please scroll further below for all local Ann Arbor programs and sangha activities in detail.
Upcoming Onsite Programs & Sangha Activities Highlights – Scroll further below for details
- Ancient Wisdom. Modern Times. by Demo Rinpoche, Free Sunday Talks weekly, 11:00am, followed by tea/snacks and discussion. All welcome. No session October 8, resumes October 15.
- Diamond Cutter Sutra online with Geshe Yeshe Thabkhe in October is also available for onsite participation by registrants. Click to register.
- Sundays weekly, 4:00 – 5:00pm – Tai Chi. No session October 8
- Thursdays weekly, 9:15 – 10:15am – Hatha Yoga with Sam Lieberman
- Thursdays weekly, 6:00 – 6:45pm – Open Meditation
- Sunday, October 15, 1:00pm – Loving Kindness Crafters
- Saturday, October 21, 1:30 – 3:30pm – Dharma Disc’er Disc Golf at Mary Doyle Park
- Friday, November 10, 7:00pm – Free Film & Discussion: Legend of Bagger Vance. No Film night in October
- Sunday, November 12, 7:00 – 8:30pm, online only – Jewel Heart Readers
- Friday, November 24, 6:30pm – Lama Chopa & Tsoh
- Saturday, December 16, 10:00am – Happy Hikers. No hikes October and November
Ann Arbor Sangha Council meetings meet onsite monthly on Tuesdays, 5:45pm. All are welcome.
Dates: May 2, June 6, July 11, August 1, September 5, October 3, November 7, December 5.
Next Ann Arbor All Sangha Meeting will be on Sunday, November 5, approximately 12:30pm – following the morning talk by Demo Rinpoche and a short coffee, tea and snack break. All are invited to join!
Please check here for onsite cancellations during inclement weather.
For questions about local programming, write email@example.com or call 734 994 3387.
Jewel Heart was founded in Ann Arbor in 1988. We were privileged to receive the late Kyabje Gelek Rimpoche’s teachings on a regular basis, and the privilege continues with Jewel Heart’s Spiritual Director, Demo Rinpoche. Jewel Heart also hosts many other preeminent teachers and scholars in Tibetan Buddhism.
Read More about the Ann Arbor Chapter…
In 2008, we were honored when His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama accepted Jewel Heart’s invitation to teach in Ann Arbor and inaugurated our spacious new location at 1129 Oak Valley Drive.
Throughout the year, we offer retreats, courses, guest speakers, workshops, and talks geared to help individuals bring peace, joy, and understanding into their lives and the lives of others. Jewel Heart offerings are based on the authentic and accessible teachings of Demo Rinpoche, Jewel Heart’s Resident Spiritual Advisor and the late Kyabje Gelek Rimpoche, founder of Jewel Heart.
When fully open for onsite participation, we hold film nights, a book group, a knitting group, tai chi classes, and community events, such as potlucks, a community garden, and fun-raisers. We are also involved in outreach activities, providing classes in mindfulness meditation to prisoners and living will workshops offered by Jewel Heart Health Center and Community Hospice.
The Jewel Heart Store, located at Jewel Heart Ann Arbor, sells books, transcripts, Tibetan rugs, and dharma objects. Jewel Heart Ann Arbor also has a main assembly hall, multiple rooms for courses, kitchen and dining facilities, and green space with a pond.
If you have questions about local programming, please email firstname.lastname@example.org call 734 994 3387.
|Don’t forget to do your grocery shopping at Arbor Farms and 3% will be donated to Jewel Heart.|